The Writer's Drawer Poetry Writing Contest
The Writer’s Drawer is happy to announce the results of its Poetry Writing Contest.
Congratulations to all!
Susan Macklam, for The Sea, the Sea, the Sea
Congratulations to Susan!
2nd place: two books from the list below
Hardeep Sabharwal, for The Refugee's Roots
3rd place: one book from the list below
Shloka Shankar, for Verbose Syndrome
Winning entries will feature prominently at The Writer's Drawer and be publicized on the social media.
The Sculptured Dream, by Irum Alvi
Postcard from Kowloon – Chungking Mansions, by Bruce Louis Dodson
Rachel, by Anne Hosansky
Eternity, by Connie Jordan
Mister and Miss Direction and Foster, two poems by Niles Koenisburg
I Love the Uncertainty of Oceans, by Susan Macklam
Truth, by Hardeep Sabharwal
Other, by Shloka Shankar
Identity and Literature, two haiku, by Sherman Wu
Books for selection by runner up and 3rd place:
1. Moments, by Subhash Jaireth
2. The Life in the Wood with Joni-Pip, children's book (9+) by award-winning author Carrie King
3. The Life in the Wood with Joni-Pip, picture book for children 7 and under, by Carrie King, beautifully illustrated by the author
4. The Little Book of Short Stories and True, by Carrie King
5. Guess Who Holds Thee? by Timothy L. Rodriguez
6. Come Laughing, by Alienora Taylor
7. Roses and Rain: A Biography of James Elroy Flecker, by Heather Walker
8. Dawn Drums, by Robert Walton
9. Flipside book: A Hunger Artist & Other Stories, by Franz Kafka, and Poems and Songs of Love, by Georg Mordechai Langer; translated by Elana and Menachem Wolff
10. A Certain Kind of Freedom: Stories and Poems from The Writer’s Drawer, edited by Beryl Belsky
11. According to Adam: More Stories from the Writer’s Drawer, edited by Beryl Belsky