Who would believe from the depths of mania and madness, I would transform from a harassed teacher to a published multi-genre author! Passionately, I wrote Me & Her: A Memoir of Madness to make sense of the repeated abuse ravaged upon me by parents at my school.
How did I overcome the frightening psychiatric system, post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder?
Writing became my saviour, a cathartic way to express the anguish I was feeling. In the process I saved myself and shared my guide to Recovery with others. Writing and mental health became my dual passions, the driving forces within me.
Every day I’m compelled to write. How do I nurture my writing passion?
Ten Steps to Writing with Passion
1. Ask yourself: what do you really want to say? What infuses you with excitement?
2. Write what you know from the heart, offering a depth of feeling and emotion.
3. Take a notebook and pen with you wherever you go, ready for new inspiration.
4. Tap into your imagination, dreams, intuition and gut feelings. Unblock your writing channels. Connect with your creative inner-child.
5. Let your passion shine through in your writing, so every word oozes energy, excitement and fun. Develop your own unique, authentic voice as a passionate writer.
6. Embrace your own reasons, purpose and passion for writing, so you can empower your writing.
7. Identify the purpose of each piece of writing, to give it direction and hold it together.
8. Be honest and transparent in your writing. Transform your writing into something thought-provoking, meaningful and profound.
9. Express your passion for the story and for the characters who drive it. Create compelling hero characters we empathize with.
10. Connect with passionate writers and readers who spur you on. Allow passion to leap off the page, into the reader’s mind, heart and soul.
I challenge you to write with passion.
What writing step are YOU up to?
Visit Karen's website.